Auckland International Airport Hotel Portfolio – Auckland, New Zealand
Projects Overview: Horwath HTL has been engaged by Auckland International Airport (AIAL) on several occasions to provide advice on various aspects of their hotel portfolio.
Scope of Works included:
- assistance with the search and selection of a branded hotel operator for the proposed 4-star hotel, including assistance with management contract negotiations (2018-2019)
- occupancy and ADR projections for the proposed Pullman Hotel (2017, 2018, 2019)
- supply, demand and financial projections for a proposed 4-star hotel development, (2018)
- advise on the development of a fourth hotel on airport land, including hotel positioning, branding and preliminary projections (2017)
- limited scope hotel operational review (2016)
- assistance with the operator search for a third hotel at Auckland Airport (2015)
- assistance with the investor and operator search for the Novotel Auckland Airport (2007)
Project Outcomes: AIAL has commenced the conversion and expansion of an office building to a 4-star, 146 room Mercure hotel and the construction of the 311 room Pullman Hotel. Works on both projects are currently underway but as a result of Covid-19 the opening of the hotels will be delayed until demand warrants it.
Contact for Project: Wim Ruepert